Thursday, February 23, 2012

Day 1 Part 2

Not only is it a gorgeous day outside, but I ran further than I really expected to! I made myself a nice, country playlist to listen to and just told myself I'd run until the playlist ended. Not surprisingly, that didn't happen. But the playlist was nearly 50 minutes long, so I can't really blame myself for not running that long! I did end up doing 3.6 miles in a little under 38 minutes. I know that is slow, but hey, I'm just starting out again! I haven't done over 3 miles in a long time, so I am thrilled with 3.6. My town is incredibly hilly, and I'm still not so great with the hills all the time. I ran quite a few of them, but I did walk a little bit. I had some hip problems last semester (yes, I'm in school, so I measure things by semesters) and I could feel them bothering me again today. I have no idea what the issue is, but hopefully I'll get that fixed soon. That definitely played into my walking, but obviously a larger part of it is being out of shape. All in time! Either way, I'm thrilled and know I need to keep this up. I feel great after I run and I know it's great for me. Now if I could just get this eating healthy thing under control...

No comments:

Post a Comment